Gunkid 99 - Final World! Major update!
Let me start by wishing everyone a happy Lunar New year!
Update v0.3.0 - Final world, World-5.
After more than a year of development, we've finally arrived at the end-game!
World-5 will be the last and final 'World' in Gunkid 99. Rather than having a new theme, World-5 will mash-up everything you've seen thus far to create the most unique and challenging stages yet.
Because the difficulty has been upped significantly for this final 'World', the pacing will need to be adjusted accordingly. As such, there will only be four stages instead of the usual seven.
Here we have the bounce-pads originally of World-4 implanted into World-2's lava stage. Needless to say, bouncing around in a lava-filled stage is not safest of activity so players will have to pay extra caution to the environment!
Environmental hazards are not the only things that have been mashed up. Enemies too are no longer restricted to their original worlds, so be on the lookout for some unusual combinations as enemies from the four different worlds come together.
In this particular stage, the laser-traps of World-4 have also leveled up into an 'extreme edition', with every inch of the stage being reachable by lasers. Certain attack-patterns (like the one above) will force players to utilize the dodge-roll or get hit!
A new enemy?!
Previously, the rule has always been that players will need to collect a certain number of weapons before they can clear a stage and progress to the next one. Well, this rule has been upended in World-5 so get ready for a surprise... ;)
Gunkid 99 is currently on 15% discount for the Lunar New Year sale. Happy gaming and please don't hesitate to give me your feedback! ;)
I am nearing the end of development. All that is left now is to tie up loose ends and make sure that the game is bug-free. Release date to be announced soon!
- Bounce-gun bullets' damage has increased from 0.8 to 1 before bouncing (it still does 3 damage after bouncing off a wall). Firing speed has decreased very slightly.
- Boomerang now travels faster AND further.
- Bow and Arrow's firing speed has increased. Rapid-fire arrows also travel slightly further.
- The Void-gun's firing speed has increased slightly.
- The Stinger's initial damage has decreased from 0.8 to 0.6.
- Recoil from Hand-Cannon has decreased slightly.
- Coin rewards from some Achievements have been lowered.
- The price point of items, 'Energy Shield' and 'Charge Shield' has increased from 200 to 250.
Get Gunkid 99 (First Access)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.